As the Channel Coordinator for Web and SEO at lilikoi agency, I frequently am asked, “what is your favorite thing about working at lilikoi?”
At the beginning, I had to figure out if this position and company were a good fit for me all around. I knew that the company was part of a growing industry and was consistently evolving in terms of internal growth. Overall, when it came to deciding if lilikoi agency was the right place for me, I was most attracted to the Core Values.
Now that I have been on the team for over 2 years, I’m very impressed by how the core values shine through in every aspect of our work. We work hard and play hard, but we’re able to “talk the talk” and “walk the walk.”
Over the past two years, there is one value that speaks volumes to me. It makes it easy for me to answer candidates, family, and friends with complete honesty – My favorite thing about working at lilikoi is Ownership.
It’s easy to explain:
Ownership in the Workplace
- Ownership to me is taking the initiative to bring about positive results.
- This means not waiting for others to act, to care about the outcome as much as the owner of the company would.
- It is being accountable for the results of your actions – that are of the highest quality and delivered in a timely manner.
- Taking ownership shows others in the workplace that they can trust you to do the right thing.
Ownership means that I have an obligation in terms of results, and that I have an obligation to the organization in terms of results, and that I have an obligation to act on the different items that impact those results. It is imperative that I must be accountable and own the results of my actions.
A Culture that Fosters Ownership
Lilikoi’s Core Values are the heart of creating an environment where employees feel empowered to act and bring about change. We have a culture that values ownership:
- I can make a difference (I am empowered to take initiative within the organization)
- I have the support of my team as well as the rest of leadership (they know I will be accountable for my actions)
- I can incorporate my passions into my position (my actions create positive results for myself and the organization)
- I feel trusted (the team knows I will do the right thing)
I know that each one of lilikoi’s employees is looking to make a difference, take on new challenges, and always work on developing themselves.